Decreasing the swelling of the prostate can bring relief, but the swelling
is symptomatic of a system (often hormonal imbalances) imbalance. So one
has to get to the root cause. As someone else said detoxing the liver and
colon is definitely a first while one makes changes to the diet and address
hormonal imbalances. Iodine therapy should definitely be considered when
addressing hormonal balance, it works!

Detoxing is critical. We got to get and keep the detox pathways open and
functioning well. Personally I did this before starting the iodine therapy.
Regarding liver detox, seriously consider *the Triple Antioxidant Liver
Protocol*.  There are many protocols and they can be stacked many different
ways. By the way, pomegranate extract is very good at reducing swelling!

The following are some very good articles about prostate cancer, and the
relationship between HDL and testosterone as it regards arterial health.

http://www.lef.org/featured-articles/INFEML_Rebuttal_E_1018.htm

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2012/jun2012_Testosterone-Controversy_01.htm