HI Susie, This is GREAT news about Reilly!
I am presenty, thanks to this and Bob's blog, re-learning the amazing
healing 'bene's' of Vit C myself both for me as well as resident
felines.
The only thing I might suggest for bone infections, (yes, I do find
that anti-biotics do have a place) is to try some of the B/G Algae.
It has been proven in NZstudies to release the natural stem cells form
your own bone marrow to repair your body yourself.
 I get it from Simplexity since they carry the very best quality, but
you could try the spirolina or chlorella if you are tight for $$.
Private e-mail me and I will share my wholesale number with you if you
want to try it.
Cheers,
Tara
++++++++