Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:04:47 -1000
Subject: Re: CS>magnetic stirrer
From: papad...@gmail.com
To: silver-list@eskimo.com

How important is a mag stirrer ?I make CS with Maple leaf coinsand 4 - 9v
batteries.
I may make one using your designif you think the brew is better with the
stirrer.

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Neville Munn <one.red...@hotmail.com> wrote:

That's good you put that up Smitty, inspired me to explain how I make them
supplementary to your link <g>.
If I knew how to put a photo of mine on here I would, but I got this from ideas
in the public domain, and there's pictures available as well if one searches
DIY mag stirrers.

I use kids jewellery boxes, they have a draw for stir bar storage as a
bonus.Open lid and rip the mirror off, and everything else out of the top
shelf.Cut hole in lid big enough for computer fan to be fixed underneath.
Cut the plastic speaker cover from old radio or whatever and fix that on lid
top covering the hole above fan.Wire an on/off switch connecting the fan, the
switch and a power adaptor plug fixed to the box and that's pretty much it.

Computer fans are 12vdc so if one can get a variable voltage power adaptor
which can be lowered to lowest voltage setting to keep stir bar spinning you've
got a magnetic stirrer.

All you need is a hole saw for the lid, some soldering practice, some wire and
switch etc.
Dead simple to make and works a charm for me.
N.