Hi Sandy,

[ this should have gone to the silver list the first time. - tm ]

Re Yellow CS

There are a few things that can go wrong.
*   The water may be contaminated by something that causes yellowing. Soap or
detergent
    is the usual culprit.
*   Some plasticisers and all soaps will do that. One then needs an enormous
amount of
    rinsing to dilute the surfactants.
*   Scrubbing, wiping or cleaning the rods will do that. The swab or scrubber
will probably
    be contaminated from manufacture. Just rinse very well.
*   Contact with Any wiper, cloth, scrubber-pad or paper will probably
contaminate.
*   High current will make yellow.
*   Jim Meissners simple design will make yellow, because by design it will
start off very
    sedately, with very low current to the electrodes but will to "run away"
after a while and
    result in relatively high current, which in turn results in large particle
size and
    agglomeration, which give the appearance of yellow.
*   I trust that you are not intentionally adding anything to the good quality
distilled water
    before making CS

Sandy, I would trust the SilverGen to produce very good CS (EIS) if you have
used it
according to instructions.

OK,
Tony