Hi Jason,
Thanks for the fast reply. Since the bottle of store bought stuff says "not for drinking," are there any unhealthy contaminants that would still pass the conductivity test?

The brewed CS is too conductive for my conductance tester, using an ohmmeter produces a resistance of around 40k ohms. I did wash out the glass in question thoroughly and then rinsed it with distilled water before brewing, so there's little chance of anything substantial having stayed behind on the glass.