I believe that should be 1 mA per square inch, not cm. There are about 6.5 square cm to a square inch.

Marshall

On 8/31/2013 10:09 PM, Joe Huard wrote:
I have been advised by many on this group to keep the current down to 1mA per square centimeter, in order to have nano particle size.

Joe
On 31/08/2013 10:03 PM, yousouf eydatoula wrote:
With 30 V dc use a 30K resistor. V=IR where V=voltage I=current. To be accurate you have to consider also the resistance of the water between the electrodes which varies with the conductivity and the distance between the electrodes. May I ask why you need to be so accurate?

*From:* Joe Huard <joe.hu...@primus.ca>
*To:*
*Sent:* Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:22 PM
*Subject:* CS>help with diode

Hi,
I am lost trying to find a current limiting diode. I went to my local
electronics parts store, and he never even heard of them.
I found some on Mouser
http://ca.mouser.com/Semiconductors/Discrete-Semiconductors/Diodes-Rectifiers/Current-Regulator-Diodes/_/N-ax1ml, <http://ca.mouser.com/Semiconductors/Discrete-Semiconductors/Diodes-Rectifiers/Current-Regulator-Diodes/_/N-ax1ml,>
but I don't get the "Maximum Limiting Voltage" part. What do I need
here? I was going to use 30 V and 1 mA.

Joe H.

Rules and Instructions: http://www.silverlist.org <http://www.silverlist.org/>

Archives: