----- Original Message -----
From: <gd...@aol.com>

Hi Gene
You seem to be on to it.
<snip>
> reversed the polarity on the next run and the deposits came loose and
dropped
> into the bottom of the jar or floated to the top as thin flakes.  One
> question I have is if the polarity is switched every minute, what
happens to
> these deposits?  Are they kept in solution as colloidal silver or are
they
> just dropped to the bottom anyway but with little build up on the
electrodes?

This is a question that I have studiously avoided discussing until now
as I do not know the answer for certain and will not know until I build
one of these polarity switchers. I suspect the deposits enter the
solution as uncharged silver particles, and do not necessarily fall out
as the polarity is generally switched before the build up on the cathode
is noticable to the naked eye.

> I put a plastic lid on the jar and left the contents sit without the
> electrodes in it till the next day.  The color turned a rich gold by
then.  I
> have no way to judge the PPM of this solution.  But what I would like
to know
> is, with the greater surface area of these bars and the distance
between them
> being different with different set ups, can one just use the current
strength
> as a judgment as to the silver being put into solution over a certain
time
> period?

Yes but only referenced to a particular set up including water.

 > And by keeping this at a lower rate, control the silver micron size
> by lowering the "blast off" rate?  I have seen where some have
inserted a
> resistor to limit voltage/amperage in these setups.  Does this not
slow down
> the early formation of the solution when the resistance of the same is
high?

Not really, the initial resistance of distilled water is so high that
the addition of 10K ohms or so as a current limiter makes little
difference.

> Would not the control of the current be better as some have suggested
along
> with polarity switching?  It would seem to me that this would give
better
> control under the chances of other variables like electrode size,
distance
> apart, solution concentration, etc.  Am I correct in this reasoning?
In
> doing this, it would seem that changes in electrode size and other
factors
> could be discounted more.

Why... the only difference is in the work done per unit time. As the
delivery of current is staggered  in these systems, the work takes
longer to do (and some may be undone at each polarity reversal). But all
other factors remain the same as far as I can see.

> Thanks for any comments that those of you with more experience can
give me.

Pleasure.

> I have been buying my colloidal silver for some time and I use it to
control
> infections as I have a chronic lung disease.  I have found that when I
get an
> infection that starts to limit my breathing, by putting colloidal
silver in a
> nebulizer setup, I can help keep these infections down and get relief
> quickly.  Much more quickly than with antibiotics.  It has been a very
> positive help for me.
>
> Gene Downey

Regards - Ivan.