The best way to keep a dog from chewing or licking on a paw or paws
with problems like this is to use some kind of a collar that keeps a
dog from being able to get at his toes or any other part of his body.
For years, I always used what are called Elizabethan collars which are
big and bulky but they were all there was back in the day when I
started needing something like this. My dogs do well with them but
they are Airedales, so they are not small dogs.

Nowadays there are collars that are not so bulky and do the same
thing: prevent the dog from chewing or licking on a part of its body
that is having problems and that needs to be left alone. I have one of
them and it works even better than the old Elizabethan collars. The
one I have is the Soft-E-Collar on the second page of the article:
http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/13_8/features/Best-Dog-Cones_20037-1.html?pg=2

Check out this article for more information on other newer products --
the article is three pages long but full of good information, and I
know from friends that all of these products work pretty well:
http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/13_8/features/Best-Dog-Cones_20037-1.html

Joyce

--
"If those whom it behooves to speak are silent in the presence of
evil, then let any man speak that the truth may be heard and that

Archives: