Lin,

You don't want any foaming agent AT ALL. It's superfluous. Not needed. Not to mention the lick factor. Not a good idea. What you do want is a bottle called *Misti*. Google it. Essentially you fill it up halfways then use an attachable pump for a few seconds - and voila' - no chemicals - just plain compression to get that spray happening. I think they sell them by the 2. Check it out. Good luck with the kitties.

Joy