M.G. Devour wrote:
Sarah: I don't distill my own water, but others here do. They can
recommend brands for a home distiller and Sol, if I remember right, has
thoroughly wrangled the methods down to a science. Chime in folks!

Be well,

Mike D.

Hi Mike,
Sarah, yes I did distill my own water for about 5 years. I had an inexpensive distiller, after I bought it I found out that some of that make/model cannot distill water pure enough for CS making. I was lucky. If I had to I would probably get another, but after my distiller died I checked out commercial distilled water again, and found that the local store brand is pure enough, so I didn't get another distiller. I don't remember the brand of the distiller, but if you search the list archives you should find old posts of mine about it in which I gave details.
HTH a little,
sol

---
is active.