Well said Mike. I agree with you and David 99%, but I still have a point of
contention about the clinical trials.

My point is about keeping the people empowered.

FDA approval and 'official' clinical trials should not be held as being
more weighted than the 'other' evidence that you listed. Especially in our
small circle on this mailing list, where we are supposed to be empowered
and empowering others. (And thanks to Phil for posting those nice links
with lots of 'evidence' to illustrate that point). Of course we need/want
more tests and more knowledge, and that is happening.

If the FDA jumps on board, and a large pharmaceutical company does indeed
do clinical trials and start selling product, it is unlikely to help us,
and much more likely to hurt us. Laws, patents, etc., will take CS away
from us. We could end up being treated as drug dealers and drug pushers,
and the commercial products will likely be far inferior (as was the case in
the early twentieth century).

I do see your point about needing/wanting widespread approval. And I
understand the power of the mindshare and influence held by the FDA and
clinical trials. But we can get there eventually with safer grassroots
movements, and there are more and more doctors coming into the CS camp.

I am a strong advocate of home brewed CS, and I see the FDA and clinical
trials sponsored by pharmaceutical companies as a threat to that. And so I
also agree with you about people selling CS on bogus claims being a big
problem.

One final comment - I have succeeded in getting many people started on CS,
and watched it eliminate many many health issues, as I am sure many of you
have. FDA approval or clinical trials would not have helped me do that any
more effectively.

Thanks for all your comments.
Victor