On 09/05/2014 01:51 PM, Beth Toraason wrote:
Hi all, My Silver Puppy accidentally ran for days
without me noticing.  The result is one completely black
electrode, one very gray one, and a floating cloud of
"grayness" (silver) in the water. 1)  Any suggestions on
how to clean the electrodes.  2)  Is the very heavily
silver-laden water salvageable in some way? TIA, Beth T

This is a harmless effect that just wastes some of your
silver.

The water has reached saturation (equilibrium for the
process) and the anode has become oxidized (by oxygen pulled
out of the water by the electric current) while the cathode
has been plated with silver crystals representing all the
silver removed from the anode after saturation occurred.

Just filter the water through a paper towel or coffee
filter, to remove the large particles of silver and silver
oxide.  Wipe the loose particles from your electrodes with a
paper towel and reverse the connections to them, next time.

You just lost a few cents worth of silver.

--
Regards,

John Popelish