Because there was a fright re Earthquakes in this area,[approx. 30 years
ago],over a short time I gradually stored approx. 40 gallons of tap water in
plastic 1 gal.;4 litre,and some glass  jugs,and wine bottles.On occasion  I
would take a sample out of a jug,and taste it.The chlorine had long ago worked
out of it.There was no difference in taste or appearance from the day it was
stored.Lately I have taken a jug,distilled it ,made , CS/EIS,no problem.If
water would go bad in storage,how is it that water from deep Artesian wells
that are millions of years old are being tapped for good water? Prior to moving
here in 1978,I had rural property,and a deep well into an underground spring
gave perfect water[tested].The water out of the tap now, is taken off in pails
and let sit for a day to let the chlorine work out,then distilled for CS/EIS.

Be well all,

Harold

Ps,I still keep that water in reserve,just in case.