Asif.. I have no clue as to the type of fluoride in Himalayan salt.

The problem folks run into when first starting iodine therapy is that they
can experience detox symptoms as the
iodine begins replacing fluoride, chlorine and bromide, halides that occupy
the iodine receptors on our cells.

Now, iodine is as necessary to our bodies as B or C vitamins etc... and was
used extensively by doctors
before the advent of antibiotics.  Iodine is 'taken up', preferentially, by
our thyroid first, then the sex organs,
then the rest of our body. If too high a dose of iodine is ingested at
first or if one has tons of  toxic halides,
it can overwhelm the liver and kidneys, organs that are working hard to
expel the toxins as the idodine
displaces them.

One takes the companion nutrients of Vit C, magnesium, selenium and Celtic
or Real Salt which help to
open up the detox pathways.  Milk thistle for liver support is also used by
some.  My only detox symptoms
(I have well water and rarely consume commercial bread products) were vague
headaches from time to
time and extra salt took care of those in short order.

So.. one starts off low and slow, alert to any detox symptoms, ready to
back down until those symptoms
subside, then slowly increasing the dosage again.  So, it makes sense to
avoid those toxins when first
starting iodine.

The Japanese routinely consume 12 - 13 mg of iodine daily that they obtain
from their diet which is high in seafood
and seaweed.  They have miniscule amts of cancer of the sex organs (breast,
uterine, ovarian, cervical, prostate etc)
compared to those of us who consume the traditional Western diet.

Something is going on in the US if you think about the explosion of thyroid
disorders and cancer that has
happened over the last 40 yrs in spite of the advances in medical science.
Until the seventies, bread
makers used iodine in commercial bread products (something to do with the
leavening process, I think)
but then the government said no to iodine and bread makers starting using
bromide instead and there
just isn't enough iodine in iodized salt to make much of a difference.
Lola H.