Or, I've never smoked and have lung cancer?
Something like 1/3rd of lung cancers are in people who have never touched tobacco.

Cancer is a DNA replication error.
What causes that is cell replication and anything that accelerates cell replication increases the odds that there will be an error....but, that's not a "cause" it's a "condition" among many conditions. Just because cell replication is accelerated within any set of conditions does not mean your DNA will or will not make an error.

If you live in a large city, you ARE a smoker.
An automobile or diesel bus spits out more toxic carcinogens in a minute than a tobacco user will in a lifetime.

Ode