On 09/27/2015 12:56 PM, PT Ferrance wrote:
I still don't buy it and I usually can accept things.  But
this is illogical.  The piece of DNA coding sits in a
person's spinal nerve root for generations?  How does it get
from the nerve root to the sperm and eggs?  Why does it wait
for every other generation?  Why not manifest in the
generation that had the chicken pox in the first place... or
the parents?  Why wait for the grandparents?
Also, shingles can be successfully treated with Acupuncture
and Oriental Medicine.

Sorry that I nave not explained clearly.

When a person gets chicken pox,
the virus inserts its DNA
into the DNA of nerve cells,
causing those cells to produce copies of the virus,
that are released into the environment,
where those nerves connect with the skin,
at the pox lesions.

This provides an obvious contagious route
to get the virus into other people.

But this eventually means that almost everyone
has been exposed to the virus
and had become immune to it,
and the contagion does down,
in any given human community.

This saturation process takes enough time,
that a couple of human generations
become immune at the same time.

If this was all there was to chicken pox,
with its high contagion success,
it would cause it to run out of hosts
and go extinct in about two human generations.

But this virus has another trick up its sleeve
to let it get around its too effective spread.

And that trick is shingles.

It produces a second contagious episode,
after a long enough time has passed,
that a new, non-immune generation of humans
has arrived to host its replication.

It does this in potentially
every person who had chicken pox.

I didn't mean to imply that shingles affects
only alternate generations of humans.
I was saying that the point of shingles
is to jump over a generation of immune humans
to infect a later generation
that has no immunity.

Shingles is chicken pox's way
of patiently waiting