Hi,

I once had a cough so bad that both my sisters (and me too), thought I had
lung cancer.  I could not speak a sentence without coughing.  This had come
on over months and you usually don't notice things like this until it is
really obvious.  Doctors?  Nothing there that helped over 30 minutes and
certainly nothing that helped the real problem, which I think was possibly
an infection in my lungs.

I decided it was up to me and began to use an Omron nebulizer (Micro Air,
palm sized, battery operated and the best in my opinion), to try saturated
salt solution, colloidal silver, two more things that have been forgotten
but nothing really worked up to that point.  If I'd had a 50 ppm colloidal
silver machine then, perhaps it would have and I do have one of these now.

BTW, Omron no longer sells their best seller and I can't buy another one in
case my old one stops working.  Not sure they even repair these anymore.
That does not make sense to me.  Why would any company stop selling their
best seller???

Finally in desperation, I used OTC 3% hydrogen peroxide and took a deep
breath.  I spent the next two minutes gasping for air.  When I had my
breath back and time to think, I realized at least this had done something
visible.  So, I began to take shallow breaths and continued on, until I
could take a deep breath.  The cough disappeared and never came back.  What
was it?  I don't know and don't care.  I now buy and use food grade 3%
hydrogen peroxide from Swansons vitamins.

I had a friend who told about a friend of his who had COPD in the last
stage and he used hydrogen peroxide in his room humidifier.  He coughed up
tons of mucus.  I was told the man cured his COPD but I don't know more
than this.  This is a second hand account but the man who told me this was
a respected person in his field, which was not medicine; in other words, he
did not make up stories to impress anyone.  He passed it on to me because
I'm interested in alternative anything.

Let me pass one first hand account short story on.  I had never had asthma
and knew nothing about it.  One night a cold front hit with a high wind.  I
needed to go put out one bucket of alfalfa pellets for the animals.  I was
very warm and figured it would only take a minute or two to do this, so
went out, poured the feed into the 5 gallon bucket, opened the gate, walked
toward the second gate, when suddenly a bunch of kids saw me and ran to me
and began to climb on me and the bucket.  I was trying to get them off the
heavy bucket and get through the gate so they wouldn't go though, when I
lost my breath; just could not get enough air to function.  I was cold by
this point.  I dropped the bucket and managed to get back to the house.  I
sat in the kitchen trying to breathe and at the same time, figure out what
was wrong.  Seemed like a long time but when you are trying to breathe,
time slows down.  I thought it might be asthma, due to things I'd read in
the past and was able to get a coke that had real sugar and caffeine in
it.  The asthma passed like a bad dream.  Those two things are what many
people recommend for asthma.

I wonder now if sugar alone might have done the same thing because it
relaxes spasms.  My husband had a hiatal hernia once and remembering sugar,
gave him a teaspoon and the spasm stopped.

My reason for the sugar is I saw a show on TV many, many years ago and they
showed weight lifters who could lift many hundreds of pounds of weight, but
when they gave them a teaspoon of sugar, they could not lift anything.  I'm
sure this changed after awhile but that information stayed with me.

Anyway, I bought a Coke with real sugar and caffeine and keep it on top of
my refrigerator in case of another asthma attack.

Jean