A Mini-Mag or similar flashlight with a tightly focused beam works too.
James Osbourne Holmes
a...@trail.com

-----Original Message-----
From:   Marshall Dudley [SMTP:mdud...@execonn.com]
Sent:   Saturday, November 13, 1999 9:22 PM
To:     silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject:        Re: CS>Tyndall?

binsm...@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/12/1999 9:19:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> ck...@global2000.net writes:
>
> > My criteria is a clear to golden brew with a metallic taste that shows
> > tyndall
> >  without sparklies.
> What is tyndall (only explain in terms a newbie can understand)? Is it
> something I can detect without fancy equipment?
> Nellie

The equipment needed is very high tech.  Howerver, it is also very cheap.
Buy a $15 laser pointer from Best Buy, Walgreens or wherever else you find
one and shine the laser through your CS.  You should see the beam as it
passes through the CS.  It can give you the warm fuzzy feeling that you do
have a colloid there, even if you really can't tell much about how strong it
is.

Marshall