Sam, my understanding is that when the virus is existing in an open system (as
in the body) there are different variables operating versus a virus in a closed
system (laboratory).  I think they just use bits and pieces of the virus to
make vaccines, anyway... correct?
The reason viruses are so virulent is due to the fact that there is a faulty
mehanism involved with replication, thus the mutation problem.  Everytime they
reproduce there is a mutantation due to this faulty mechanism.

Where can the virus list be located?  That sounds like a fun and interesting
topic.

Well wishes,
Cindy