Anyone interested in the truth must find the list of vaccination rate
and lockdown stringency  and compare this to cases and deaths.  The news
piece cited below tries to spin the story but the effect of increased
cases appears to be geographical, for whatever reason, and has no
relation to vaccination rate of lockdown stringency.  I have looked at
this data

Someone said;  theres only two types of people in the world; those who
have had covid, and those who are going to get covid. We will see how
that plays out for New Zealand.  But the normal situation is for
respiratory viruses to become more infectious but less deadly, so the
zero covid countries may actually save some lives in the long run.
However, vaccination is driving the evolution of variants.  This is good
news for big pharma, who stand to make billions on bi annual covid
vaccinations

max