Yes Cyndi I totally agree with you.

ok,
Tony

On 2021/10/29 19:54, Cyndiann Phillips wrote:
Thank you so much! It's turned into a literal cesspool of fake news that is causing people to die and bring their families with them.

It will prevent more deaths.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 1:22 PM M. Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com <mailto:mdev...@eskimo.com>> wrote:

    Greetings everyone,

    It has been many years since I posted to the Silver List or even from
    this address. I've kept my account on Eskimo so the list could continue
    to operate, but I haven't been active.

    The crude facilities provided by the software that the list runs on
    made
    it impractical to assign moderators to share the work, or even to pass
    the list on to someone else. The technical knowledge needed was
    unreasonable to ask of any "normal" soul.

    Happily, it is possible to set up a mailing list on other services
    besides Eskimo, as long as you're willing to be subject to their terms
    of service and to trust the integrity of the service's owners. Even
    better, two of our members, Tony and Nenah, have already done this.

    https://silverlist.groups.io/g/main
    <https://silverlist.groups.io/g/main>

    If you haven't already signed up there, please do. Groups.io is well
    designed and provides all the resources and features you could want in
    an e-mail list, including moderation. <grin>

    I will shut this eskimo-based list down in a couple of weeks, towards
    mid-November.

    The fact that so many of you have persevered here in the face of my
    neglect is a credit to you all. I expect a change of management will
    make things a lot better.

    It is time, and past time, for me to pass the torch.

    Be well,

    Mike Devour
    silver-list@eskimo.com <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com> owner

-- [Mike Devour, Citizen, Patriot, Libertarian]
    [mdev...@eskimo.com <mailto:mdev...@eskimo.com>                        ]
    [Speaking only for myself...               ]

    <http://www.silverlist.org>

    Archives:
    <http://www.mail-archive.com/silver-list@eskimo.com/maillist.html>

    Off-Topic discussions: <mailto:silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com