> Could this gray be a build of of silver in my blood maybe?  I am
> really reaching for straws here.

Donna,

The condition you are afraid of is called argyria, and is caused by
the precipitation of silver particles just below the skin and in the
mucous membranes. The usual cause has been the administration of
gross amounts of high concentration silver compounds or occupational
exposure to such chemicals or to silver aerosols.

If in fact that is what is happening to you it is a *very* serious
thing, both because argyria is said to be permanent and is a terrible
thing to have happen to you, *and* it is the very first time we will
have heard of *anyone* having this problem with modern CS. This
would be a blow to all of us.

For myself, I have always counted on the fact that the quantities we
are using are very small compared to the amounts known to cause
argyria, that the *form* of the silver we are using is very different
from that of all the known cases, and that a large part of the silver
we are using *is* excreted, thus slowing further any possible
accumulation in the tissues. If any of these surmises are wrong it is
vital we find out about it.

What I would ask of you is this: Tell us what kind of CS you have
taken, for how long, and, as best as you can, how much. I remember
you've used some store-bought stuff. I don't remember if you've been
making your own. If you have we'd need to know your recipe.

In addition, we need to know what other medications and treatments
you are or have been using, and whatever else you think might apply.

Then, you need to discover what is going on that could cause such
discoloration. If it is *not* from the silver then you'll need to
deal with whatever it is. If it *is* from the silver, we all need to
know. Just be sure you get a real diagnosis, with tests to back it
up. I wouldn't trust anyone's word alone.

I hope other listers might have some ideas of what else it could be,
and how to properly determine what it is. I would also ask folks to
consider the question of how one would reverse the supposedly
"permanent" discoloration of argyria. Now would be a good time to
find out if argyria is really as hopeless as mainstream medicine
claims.

The precautions you've taken are appropriate. But now you need to
find out what is really going on. We're all with you. Please let us
know what you learn and what we can do to help.

Godspeed,

Mike

[mdev...@mail.id.net                       ]
[Speaking only for myself...              ]