Dennis,

You will find, and see reflected in the answers, about
the shelf life of colloidal silver, that most product is not
colloidal silver!

What I like to refer to as "true ionic colloidal silver" is a
colloid since the ions (or clumps of) have a positive charge
and since likes repel, there is a strong propensity to
remain in that state and thus has an extremely long shelf life.

Plain plastic bottles are just fine for well over a year, although
they may impart some plastic taste, as the plasticizers leach out!
Also darkness is not critical - I have run tests with a strong UV
lamp 1/2 inch from a plastic bottle of (ionic) Cs for 3 weeks (far
worse then a year of room light) and there was no decrease in
the TDS! The taste was horrible as the bottle turned dark yellow
and got brittle, as the UV released the plasticizers!

What most people make and call colloidal silver are
either solutions of silver salts or suspensions of silver
crystals and usually a combination of both with a little
colloid of silver (charged ions)! The shelf life and color
then varies widely!

f...@health2us.com