Hi all,
I have been lurking for some time now in order to get acquainted with the '
silver list spirit' and I must say that I am quite happy that I found you. I
can't recall how I got on this list - but I am sure it must have happened
during one of my nightly 'yournies' to find answers to the problems that I
am dealing with.

To make a long story very short - borned and raised in Europe, The
Netherlands, I moved to South America, Surinam [one of the three Guyanas on
the north east coast] in december 1989, accompanied by three Malinois
puppies and my husband. I thought that I made the best decision ever till
fate met up with my dogs in 95. They became ill and died, one after another.
In this third world country human medical care is poor, let be veterinarian
care. After buying books like Merck I decided that what seemed to be
Babesiosis in the beginning had changed into Ehrlichiosis after a couple of
years - there is no way to have bloodtests done to proof *my* view allthough
everything points to a combination of Babesiosis/Ehrlichiosis. 5 times 10 to
14 days treatment with Doxycycline with blood and tissue cleaning treatments
after the treatments has managed to stop 'the killing' - now it is important
to learn about preventing these nasty diseases from infesting my dogs.

I have learned about natural ways to create an unfriendly climate for
ticks - by using limes [it works, but it took me three years to go from
spaying malathion once a month to spaying lime 'juice' every now and then].
I have changed the dogs' diet to a natural one [raw and/or homecooked]. I
was lucky to get hold of a bunch of baby neem trees, that are now growing
strong to be planted next year around Christmas. I have learned about
Essential Oils, Bach remedies and homeopathy in relation to the problems in
my kennel and they do their work as well.

BUT - my search to learn about rickettsiae [the critters that actually cause
Ehrlichiosis] ended up with confusion: our scientists battle over the fact
if it is a bacteria or a combination of a bacteria and a virus .....

The information that I was actually looking for was, if rickettsiae would be
one celled - meaning CS could be a valuable tool in battling off the nasty
critters.

A while back somebody mentioned CS to be *the thing to try* so I started
doing searches on it. I have learned that it is helpful with Malaria
[closely related to Babesiosis], dengue [we are just having a bout of this
one], Lyme [this one does not occur over here]. Allthough Lyme is tickborne,
the organism that causes it is a spirochete. Spirochetes are one celled -
but how about rickettsiae???

I am very aware of the fact that in North America stuff like imidocarb is
used to clean out the blood but I don't believe that this is what I want. As
we live outside Paramaribo and the wind brings thousands of nymphs out of
the forest - the last thing I would want is to clear my dogs' blood from all
antibodies. In my belief, a natural approach that creates a complete
unfriendly climate for ticks [and their diseases] will be more appropriate:
what good is it to get rid of the soldiers [the antibodies] if one knows
that they are needed to fight off the next attack?

Any input will be highly appreciated,
Ignit Bekken, Surinam    mailto:ign...@sr.net