----- Original Message -----
From: <rogalt...@aol.com>

> I have been puzzled by the consistant observation that CS produced
by the
> HVAC method has a pH on the order of 3.5 - 4.8. The actual pH found
probably
> depends on the ppm of the CS produced, and on the technical details
and
> operating parameters of the HVAC process itself. However, these
operational
> details are irrelevant to the point at hand.
>
> I have a background in thermodynamics so the idea of "activity" as
opposed to
> "concentration" is not foreign to me. You can appreciate the
distinction
> somewhat if you recall that ppm is really a measure of overall
concentration
> of, say, silver, but the "activity" of the silver at a given ppm
will vary
> greatly if we are talking about silver ion, or silver particles of
0.001
> micron, or 0.1 micron in size, or if these particles are charged or
uncharged.

> The reference electrodes used to measure pH do NOT measure hydrogen
ion concen
> tration, but actually measure the hydrogen ion activity. In dilute
> moderately dilute solutions (which represent most of the
applications for
> these reference electrodes), activity and concentration are
practically
> identical. Now here comes the exciting part. I have prepared HVAC
that
> contains about 10 ppm CS and has a pH of 4.8. By any reasonable
measure this
> product is a dilute solution. If it were to contain, for example,
10%
> hydrogen peroxide (which has a pH no lower than 5.3), tasting only a
fraction
> of a teaspoon would be a VERY unpleasant experience (believe me, I
tried it
> with only a 3% solution and it definitely gets your attention).
However, my
> HVAC CS product is practically tastless. So I believe it is safe to
rule out
> the presence of all but minute quantities of hydrogen peroxide
(which, of
> course, would have a negligible effect on pH). Since my HVAC process
uses
> high purity silver electrodes and distilled water ONLY, there is
virtually NO
> OTHER species which could cause the pH to be so low. Therefore, the
only
> reasonable conclusion is the the activity of the hydrogen ion has be
altered
> in essentially pure water. In other words, the structure of the
water itself
> has been substantially changed. Now let's take a closer look at how
this
> could have happened.
>
> The HVAC process operates in excess of 10,000 volts. The particles
produced
> have been found to be at the low end of the micron scale when
compared to the
> size of LVDC CS particles. In addition, HVAC CS has been found to be
quite
> stable over extended periods of time. Therefore, it is reasonable to
conclude
> that these particles are not only highly charged, but are able to
retain
> their charge indefinitely.
> If all of the above observations are accurate, then it appears that
when
> these highly charged CS particles break away from the silver
electrode, they
> have a very strong polarizing effect on the surrounding water so
that normal
> H2O molecules (water is essentially undissociated and therefore in
molecular
> form) become more like polarized +HOH- molecules. The OH- side if
the
> molecule is attracted to the positively charged aggregated silver
particles,
> thus leaving the H+ side "sticking out"  which causes the activity
of H+ to
> be greatly enhanced. Incidently, the mechanism of surrounding the CS
with
> polarized water molercules goes a long way to explains why HVAC CS
is so
> stable over time.

Roger as I understand it, the water molecule is naturally polarised
taking this arrangement  [H+] --- [O(2-)] --- [H+], ie having a
negatively charged oxygen head and two positively charged hydrogen
tails (the tails forming a ~105 deg angle).

Silver ions become hydrated and form micelles, ie are surrounded by
water molecules, in this case with their tails pointing out. Is there
any reason to think that this is not what is happening?
This happens with LVDC CS also, which, if well made is every bit as
stable as well made HVAC CS.

There is probably some other reason causing the low pH reading,
perhaps ranging from CO2 inclusion to AgOH production, or possibly
faulty / inappropriate pH measuring equipment.

> Therefore, HVAC CS MAY have ADDITIONAL MEDICINAL PROPERITIES (there
is one
> vender I've found on the Internet who sells "Restructed Water" which
is
> supposed to have health benefits) because the water itself has been
> restructured. If anyone would like to test this theory by
experimenting with
> my HVAC CS please get in touch with me, and I'll send you a 1 oz
sample. All
> I ask is that you send along $3 to cover shipping costs.

Restructured water, restoring water to its 'crystaline' form can be
accomplished in many ways, but the health benefits acrue from drinking
this water rather than tap or 'dead' water.
Leaving the pH aside, I don't believe you have shown that HVAC CS  and
the water it is made in, is different structurally from LVDC CS and
the water it is made in.

> Dr. Roger Altman
> RR1 Box 102
> Natural Bridge, NY