    From: Steve Young <you...@konnections.com>
    To: silver-list@eskimo.com <silver-list@eskimo.com>
    Date: Friday, May 19, 2000 11:04 PM
    Subject: CS>What is best constant current?

    Hi list,

    I am new to this list, but have designed and experimented with many CS
generators over the last few years (I am an EE).  But I need some help with the
electro-chemistry aspects.  For a DC generator, I have seen conflicting
recommendations on the best constant current to use.  For example, one
recommends 20 ma., and another says use less than 1 ma.  Some say particle size
is smaller when less current and more time is used for a given PPM.  What is
the list wisdom on the value of constant current to use?

    I have made both low voltage DC generators (which requires a bit of baking
soda for proper conductivity) and high voltage DC generators (which don't need
any additive to the steam distilled water).  Is the optimum current the same
for both low and high voltage constant current generators?

    Thanks,
    Steve Young