----- Original Message -----
From: "Pamela Grant" <pjgr...@northnet.org>

> >Hi there Pam,
> >
> >Well, I have heard of some strange machines in my time, but the
'Quantum
> >Xyrroid Consciousness Interface device' pretty much takes the prize.
Not
> >invented by Inspector Gadget was it ;-)
> >
> >Hope it works for you!
>
> And Hello To You Too, Ivan(not the terrible?)

No, Skavinski-Skavar.

> That's interesting, I guess the same reaction would have been said if
> someone were to describe a computer to another in the early 1800's. If
you
> are not familiar with similar devices then I guess it IS VERY strange
> sounding.

Maybe, I just get a kick out of some of the silly names (to my mind)
that people think up, particularly in the 'new age' arena.

> It is a biofeedback device.  It treats stress--but can't say it
actually
> treats, for ex., cancer. It increases one's awareness of a
physiological
> response which IS biofeedback. You see: awareness=consciousness. Just
> thought I'd explain that to you since you seemed to freak a little
over the
> word consciousness(or am I wrong?).

Ok, but no, not freaked, just a funny name.

> Actually, the QXCI was invented by Dr. William Nelson--the same Dr.
who
> fought the FDA twice in court and won. He is not one to be taken
lightly.

> much interesting info snipped>

Dr Nelson's history almost parallels Dr Flannigan's.

Must say that I could find no information on any of these devices apart
from 2 references to people selling sessions on the QXCI (one even
offering to do it over the phone!). And could find no information on the
man himself, no references to papers, abstracts, no books, and none of
the 250 megs of research and papers you mention, which makes it rather
difficult to research his ideas, and find discussion of them.
And unfortunately, no mention of his major work in biology.

> Why am I going into such detail? Well, I guess your reaction,Ivan,
spurred
> me on. You sound so much like my high-school--know-it-all students.
But
> hey, I love them anyway. And as it so happens at this very moment Dr.
> Nelson is lecturing in Toronto. I try not to miss any of his lectures,
but
> was unable to attend. So, here I am dedicating a portion of my day
writing
> to an audience I only have come into contact with yesterday. It is
also a
> great task to do this as I need the practice for I suffered a car
accident
> 9 months back. I  suffered traumatic brain injury. No, this device is
not
> an illusion(actually, everything could be argued as such). I have come
> long way from drool dribbling down my chin while I sat in a
stupor--just
> kidding--no drool(not that I was aware of), but stupor--yes. Yes, I
got
> into the QXCI before the accident.

Oh, sorry to hear that! You sound pretty damned lucid to me!
Maybe you are just trying to cover-up the  NAME.
:-)

Any way, thanks for the info. If you have any links to more in depth
analysis please let me know.

Kind regards
Ivan.