While mechanical stirring does seem to get very good results, thermal stirring via convection currents helps a lot and is a lot simpler. Either preheat the water to 80 -100 degrees and let cool while running the generator, or start with room temp water and place it on a small heater such as a 4 watt night light bulb. Letting hot water cool while in process tends to give that light Tyndal Effect but limits the max concentration [with my auto off unit] to about 8-9 PPM as read by a PPM meter.
 Check out
www.colloidal-silver.com
and click on the merchants directory for a fairly complete list of generator makers.
 The only one I recommend against is the last...Utopia
They are very proud of the brown sludge their generator makes for some reason. They use 3 nine volt batteries, 2 silver rods and nothing else. I think they recommend using sea salt as well. A no no. With their set up, there's also a possibility of getting some lead and tin into the mix as the wires have exposed solder on the ends. Not extremely likely, but possible. You can do something similar for a lot less. You can make fairly good CS with such a unit but it takes a lot of care and experimentation. I doubt you will be able to go stronger than 3 to 5 PPM without making yellow to brown colored CS.
 k...@czen

At 03:28 PM 7/9/00 -0500, you wrote:
Okay. What is the Tyndall effect? All I could find is that Tyndall(John)
was an Irish physicist. Also, where might one purchase a mechanism for
stirring?