Marshall, interesting.  Thank you.  I had a child in a coma for three months
at age 17, and the all-knowing medical staff used that nasty word decerebrate.
  At five weeks, on Mother's Day, she lifted her head with great effort and
kissed me.  She also fought uncomfortable procedures and tried to hide under
the sheet, threw tantrums, and opened shopping bags to see what we'd brought
her--even looked at the labels!  When she woke up she demanded a cheeseburger
from Denny's and gave them the phone number.  I knew she'd wake up, didn't
care what they said, just knew and had the most amazing peace.  Sorry, this
is off topic but had to tell it.

In a message dated 08/08/2000 15:49:37 Central Daylight Time,