Hi fellow listers,

I'm glad I'm in the company of those who like to research and discover
things on their own, instead of taking everything the anointed medical
establishment says as the final word. We like to share with each other,
and, at times, we like to challange each other.

KD'C wrote:
Any viewpoint can be confirmed, and belief validated to the satisfaction
of the believer by the very nature of belief.

True.

None of us were there when life began, so we all take it on faith.

You may believe in the Biblical account or you may believe in the theory
of evolution.  It's a matter of faith.

Most of us have been bombarded with evolutionary propaganda in the
schools, in the media, and in our public parks and museums.  What we
really know of the other - the politically uncorrect view?  Were you
told that creation science is religion and evolution is science? Did you
know that many scientists believe in creation for scientific reasons.
Don't swallow everything the "powers-that-be" have worked so hard to
condition you to believe.  Check it out for yourself.

Search for the truth.

I found the following at   http://sudman.home.netcom.com/noevidence.htm

The "Peppered moth" (biston betularia) example

The "peppered moth" (biston betularia) example is commonly used as
evidence for the theory of evolution. Almost all college
biology textbooks talk about it at some point.

It happened in England during the 1840's through 1895. Before 1848,
ninety-eight percent (98%) of peppered moths were
white. Many more of the white moths survived; they blended in with the
trees much better than the black moths did. Then, in
1848, the black moths started increasing, until in 1895, there were
ninety-eight percent (98%) black moths! What caused the
sudden increase?

If we look at this closely, we find that there was no evolution
involved! What actually happened is that the pollution increased.
This killed the white likens on the trees and turned the trees black.
Predators could see the white moths better than the black
moths, therefore more were eaten. When the pollution was reduced, the
white moths were again less visible than the black
moths, and everything returned to how it was before. There was no actual
change in the moth, only in the ratio of black moths to
white moths, therefore evolution did not take place. Although it is true
that the peppered moth experiments conclusively prove
the theory of natural selection (which isn't a debated theory anymore),
they don't show evolution, since there was no actual
change in the gene pool of the moths. Cris Colby (pro-evolution)
comments in his Introduction to Evolutionary Biology, "The
increase in relative abundance of the dark type was due to natural
selection. The late eighteen hundreds was the time of
England's industrial revolution. Soot from factories darkened the birch
trees the moths landed on. Against a sooty background,
birds could see the lighter colored moths better and ate more of them.
As a result, more dark moths survived until reproductive
age and left offspring. The greater number of offspring left by dark
moths is what caused their increase in frequency. This is an
example of natural selection."

The whole example is full of holes anyway. For one thing, peppered moths
don't even rest on trees during the day! They were
laboratory-bred moths. As Dr. Carl Wieland comments, "The moths filmed
being eaten by the birds were laboratory-bred ones
placed onto tree trunks by Kettlewell; they were so languid that he once
had to warm them up on his car bonnet (hood)." Dr.
Wieland also comments, "And all those still photos of moths on tree
trunks? One paper described how it was done - dead
moths were glued to the tree. University of Massachusetts biologist
Theodore Sargent helped glue moths onto trees for a
NOVA documentary. He says textbooks and films have featured 'a lot of
fraudulent photographs'."

What, pray tell, is scientific about this? :)

Maureen