In a message dated 9/13/00 9:43:59 PM EST, bober...@swbell.net writes:

<< Subj:     Re: CS>Re: Water test for CS
 Date:  9/13/00 9:43:59 PM EST
 From:  bober...@swbell.net (Robert L. Berger)
 To:    silver-list@eskimo.com

 Del;

 The difference is that I am using a 7/16"   arc between water and the center
 electrode, and you appear to be using the submerged process. That accounts
for
 the lack of initial current.  One cannot use the arc without a CO2 gas
blanket
 or the CS is loaded with nitrates.

 :Ole Bob"

Bob:  Well, I've been using the arc method for quite some time to produce CS.
I have had my product analyzed by a professional lab and no nitrates have
been found. In addition, I have used nitrate/nitrite detection tabs
recommended for water testing quality control. Again, virtually no
nitrate/nitrite present. I have given this information repeatedly on the
forum. I think, at the very least, you should acknowledge that there may be
instances when the arc method CAN be used to make nitrate/nitrite free HVAC
CS. Roger