Hi Tim/Theresa,

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:18:42 -0400, "Tim Eastman" <eastm...@home.com>
wrote:

>Well I just ran my first batch. LV
>
>Used a radioshack "wall wart" 13.5/30v adapter and 16oz of DW. About 4 wet
>inches of silver wire 14GA 2" apart.
>
>I ran 15 minutes at 30v and 30 minutes at 13.5v (per Dean's rec.)
>
>It just finished like 5 minutes ago and it seems quite clear - very clear.

Sounds good to me.  I know you're wondering if anything really
happened.  :)  It did, but there's no way to prove it without a
conductivity meter/tester.

There are many ways to test the effectiveness of CS, if you'd like.
If you have any place around your home that tends to get moldy, or
plants that seem to have something "eating" at them, spray your CS on
those areas (not too much, just a light spray).

If you have pets and have water for them outside, put a little CS in
the water.  It will stay fresh (no green growth).

>One of the rods is quite a bit darker than the other.

Yup.  One of the indications that you made CS.

>Will this "color" amber out once it
>disperses through the DW?

Probably not.  You might see a faint yellowish color if the particles
are big enough, but I suspect you made good stuff with particles too
small to diffract light.

>I removed the rods right away - I figured if there
>was no more current might as well dismantle the wires.

That isn't too important.  But covering the container is useful.

>Dean guessed at about 8PPM. What might the micron size be if I am not seeing
>"color" but only darker silver wire?

Someone else can jump in here.

-- Dean -- from (almost) Duh Moyn  (CDP, KB0ZDF)