Hi ALL;

Everyone wants to live a long healthy life, and I'm no exception. Long term
good health is the result of *reduced* insults to the body. Radon is one of
them. Many years ago I became aware of Radon and did a bit of research on
the subject. I decided I wanted to monitor this gas on a 24 hour basis.
Bought two monitors. Turned out to be a good decision.

I live in NH, famous for its granite and Radon gas. I have a fairly new
tight house and its a great trap for radon gas. Its also in my water. The
"sample cans" that they test with, left open for a week, then sent to a
lab...are of little value. Monitoring radon on a continuous basis, shows
that it can really vary, depending on temp, wind, velocity, house water
consumption and GOD knows what else.

The EPA has established 4 pico curries per liter (4 pc/l) as the flash
point that should cause you to take action. The action I took was to have 5
PVC pipes sunk into the basement floor. These are tied into a header that
runs to a huge fan, that hangs under the roof. It creates a suction *under*
the basement floor and blows the R gas out through a roof vent. I shut it
off during the summer when the windows are open.

Yesterday morning I looked at the basement unit and it was at a
surrealistic 91 pc/l. The upstairs bedroom was at 17. I immediately opened
up the house to change the air. It had rained for at 24 hours and I think
this had funneled it into the house. This radon decays in 3 1/2 days but is
constantly seeping in.

Its a colorless, odorless gas and over time can mess your lungs up.

*Vital lung capacity is the second best indicator, next to age, as to how
long you are going to live.*

What's your radon level?

Phil Sr.