List: I found the following email on the Health Fraud Forum. I believe it's
legitimate. Can anyone offer any advice or help? If you think you can be of
service, email her directly so we won't tie up this forum with non-CS issues
any more than necessary. Roger

<< Stopping in at this guy's office (Bodies in Balance) this morning to
get
some
 further information I also browsed through his emporium of questionable

 products. >>

This is my first time replying....I just thought I would add a bit to
the
"Questionable" practices and local quacks conversation:

Imagine this....a 27-year-old woman is in a minor rear-end car accident
and
receives the typical soft tissue injuries to her spine.  After a couple
months' worth of pain meds, muscle relaxants, massage therapy, physical
therapy and hundreds of dollars spent on trying to rid herself of pain,
her
family physician sends her to the local "Pain Clinic" at the regional
medical
center (note: the dr's husband works there).

During the first visit, this woman receives a quick survey of where her
pain
is, then the anesthesiologist brings out syringes filled with some sort
of
clear liquid which he promises will take away all her pain...afterall,
he
gets them himself due to a skiing accident.  With tears pouring down her

cheeks, she tries desperately to withstand the pain of the approximate
35
injections of this medication throughout her head, neck, shoulders and
back.
She walks out of the pain clinic a zombie.

The next visit, scheduled just three days later, is basically the same
routine.  A couple dozen injections and again she is a zombie as she
leaves
the pain clinic.  The only thing different is now there is a strange
lump in
the lower right quadrant of her back.  "Oh, it's nothing to worry
about,"
says the anesthesiologist as he injects the lump numerous times.

Then the one lump turns into two, which are injected several times.
Then
there are three lumps, four...five...her whole lower back is full of
these
lumps and he keeps injecting them over and over!  This goes on for a
total of
17 visits...and more than 400 trigger point injections during a
six-month
period before the woman realizes that she is in more pain than ever and
something is terribly wrong.

This woman goes to a neurologist, who orders an MRI.  "All I can see is
narrowing where the nerves come in in the lower spine...nothing I can
do,"
the neurosurgeon replies as the woman leaves his office in tears,
desperate
to find an answer to why she is in so much pain.

Finally, this woman has to quit her profession - a fourteen year career
in
the media sent down the drain because of a minor car accident?  No,
something
else is wrong.  Could it be all of the injections?  What exactly was
injected?  Celestone - a corticosteroid mixed with an anesthetic!!  My
God!
Why wasn't she informed of the side effects?   She searches the region
for a
doctor who will find an answer...one after another they tell her she has

fibromyalgia...no, she has MS...or myofascial pain syndrome, or
"something
from your past is making you think you're in more pain than you really
are."
Psychological tests are ordered and she is just fine mentally...but why
isn't
she more angry at the doctors?  Because, it doesn't do any good.  She
just
wants to find a doctor who will stop the degeneration in her back so she
can
save her marriage and be the best mother possible to her two young
daughters.
 None of the doctors will step forward to put the blame on the
injections,
although "off the record" they tell this woman that yes, all of the
injections are to blame.  A protective society?  What about the promise
"do no harm?"

Years go by...messages sent via the internet, letters sent to doctors
and
researchers - no one will help her find an end to the pain...medical
bills
piling up...her marriage is over and they have to file bankruptcy.  And
now
she has osteoarthritis, two bad disks, osteoporosis, her gallbladder was

taken out due to over 50 (!) gallstones, her thyroid and ovaries have
quit
working, and there is more pain than ever before.  All the doctors are
doing
now is covering up the pain with over a thousand dollars worth of pain
meds
every month (which she can't afford because she is on Social Security
disability and now without her life partner).

In the meantime, the major medical center builds the pain clinic a huge,

beautiful new site and there are more patients than ever before....none
of
whom this woman has talked to has had the benefit of informed consent.
One
woman was getting over 18 epidurals of Depo-Medrol a year for four
years!
Three offices of the FDA say to "get the guy out of business - he's
killing
people," yet no one steps forward to stop this from happening to someone
else.

There has to be someone out there in this world who can help this woman.

Researchers at major medical centers are always studying the effects of
drugs
on the human body...so there has to be some studies available on the
effects
of 6mg Celestone (betamethasone) on the human structure...especially
when
given over 400 times in a six-month period back in 1993!  PLEASE...if
you
know of anyone who can help this woman, I would be eternally
grateful...because this woman is me, and I sincerely need your help.  I
apologize for the length of this e-mail and for the intrusion, but I
have
become desperate in finding some relief for the sake of my two young
daughters.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

miacarl...@aol.com<<