----- Original Message -----
From: "Joanne" <sami...@earthlink.net>
To: "silver-list" <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 10:18 PM
Subject: CS>Diabetes vaccine and fructose

[EXCERPT]
So, you have two good reasons NOT to eat any form of sugar: a) excess
calories; b) nutrients depletion.

Now, fructose, in a sense is better than all the other sugars, the reason
being it has a low glycemic index, which means it does not play havoc with
your insulin/glucagon production, as the other sugars do.

So, from the point of view of insulin resistance, fructose is better. From
the point of view of nutrition, it is the same.

There is another little factor in favor of fructose: since is it 1.5 times
sweeter than sucrose (table sugar), you would take less to have the same
effect, so you tend to end up with a little less empty calories.

Hi Folks.
In my experience, this low glycemic index is correct only sometimes. As with
most other issues on health, I have come to the conclusion that THE RESULT
DEPENDS ON THE PERSON.

I remember reading that some studies showed that even NO-CALORIE ARTIFICIAL
SWEETENERS trigger the body's insulin production. The obvious harm of
ingesting artificial chemicals aside, this does not bode well for diabetics.
The body learns a great deal by association, and even though a food might
read well on a glycemic index table, what happens in an individual person's
brain is quite another story.

When I had diabetes many years ago, I did much better with some "high
glycemic" foods such as carrots and rice. I couldn't eat fruit at all.

Nina