The safest method is to use a 3 wire plug and carry the ground to one side
(or a center tap) of the secondary.  Any leakage from the AC to the
secondary will be grounded, and a dead short will pop the breaker.  This is
the industry standard method and the only method I know of that is UL
approved except double insulation which some drills use and is not
applicable here.

Marshall