"Dean T. Miller" wrote:

> Hi again, Ivan,
>
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 01:18:17 +1300, "Ivan Anderson" <i...@win.co.nz>
> wrote:
>
> >Roger,
> >
> >You will find this document from the EPA contradicts the FDA on many
> >fronts.
> >The references to studies of the carcinogenity of silver, and the
> >conclusions reached are about half way through the document.
> >
> >http://www.epa.gov/ngispgm3/iris/subst/0099.htm
>
> >From the report:
> "Investigators have hypothesized that this toxicity is related to a
> silver-induced selenium deficiency that inhibits the synthesis of the
> seleno-enzyme glutathione peroxidase.  In animals supplemented with
> selenium and/or vitamin E, exposures of silver as high as 140
> mg/kg/day (100 mg Ag/L drinking water) were well-tolerated (Bunyan et
> al., 1968). "
>
> Now we know where the glutathione peroxidase comment came from (the
> MD's rant).

I weigh 80 kg or so.  That would be over 11 grams of silver a day for me!
Using 10 ppm CS that would require me to drink 1,100,000 grams of water, or
286 gallons of colloidal silver a day. (I hope I didn't make any math errors
on that).

And this is a problem????

So should we be taking selenium supplements?  Also how does viatmin E help?

Marshall