Thanks Ivan!

I have a saved copy of that post as well.

The reason I hesitate with the "step down" method of CS production with the
nine-volt batteries:

Every time the electrodes are removed from the solution, as they ARE being
removed ie the silver is exiting the water, surface debris is left on the
top of the solution.  Of course, it's not always visible without using a
laser a pen to catch the light refraction.

The speed of the production is not really an issue here.  If the perfect CS
needed a month to produce, that would be fine by me!

With the ~30 volt method DC, one never has to remove the silver rods for
cleaning or any "change out".  A really "nice" ( comparatively speaking of
course ) 5ppm solution can be made with minimal interference in the process.

Of course, the easy solution is to use the simple current limiting design
mentioned in the archived post.

However, the primary purpose of the "simple" visual tutorial on the basic CS
generator is to help introduce the process to those who would otherwise not
bother!  Thusfar, at least in this, that part of the project is a success.
Quite a large number of folks are allergic to electronics to the point that
even mentioning wiring a simple lightbulb into a circuit would give them
pause!

Still, I think I'll do some experimentation with two batteries.

One of the nice things about the "four battery" method is the ability to
gauge the timing of the process.  Even with my current limited generator, it
can be a bit tricky to time a solution "just" right.  For a beginner, it can
be quite daunting to know when to stop the process.  With the fancier
generators, there is no visual cue that can really be used as a determining
factor.  With the ~30 volt method, there is a definite visual que.

I still make quite a bit of colloidal silver via the 9 volt battery method
to use externally.  I think I'll play around a bit with two batteries!