The very small tick may or may not be a deer tick.  Adult deer ticks are
about an 8th inch. The tick 'nymph' or what we call a 'seed tick' is very
small. It's the same tick in a different stage of it's life cycle.
 Lymes is pretty rare especially if you get that tick off within 3 hours.
Usually one gets flu like symptoms and  the spreading rash or bullseye, but
not always.

 Also be aware of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever which can kill ya pretty quick.

 I always check for ticks several times after walking in the woods.
There's something that we locals call "tic paranoia", lasting hours to
days, where every little tickle promotes nudity and inspection. [more fun
in mixed company :-)]

If a dog gets a tick in its ear, the dog can be paralyzed till it's pulled
out. If the tick is allowed to drop off, you'll have "Sagans" [billions and
billions] of ticks around...starting with seed ticks.
 I don't know if dogs get or carry Lymes disease but it's a good idea to
de-tick them every day.

  As a former forestry worker, I've had ticks on me that were so thick that
the blue on my jeans was not visible and they had to be scraped off with a
knife before they dug in.  WAY FREAKY!!!

 Fun with ticks...
 They can run around on the bottom of a jar full of methonol for a long time.
 Lots of fun to touch with a butane pocket torch. Sometimes they'll imitate
a ballistic missile!  Ready, aim, FIRE  "pop"!
 Place ticks on the burner of a kerosene lamp and watch them do laps!
 Pull off their legs on one side and watch them walk in circles.

 Guinea hens and chickens love ticks...for supper.

Hey, what's that little spot??? Oh  a Freckle whew!
 Ken