<<I'm thinking of using CS in preparing my cat's food (which calls for some
water) and I want to use some for myself (many health problems).>>

Eleanor,
I also prepare my cats food (raw) and it never dawned on me to use the CS
water as replacement for the water in the recipe(Feline Future). I would
wonder the efficiancy of the CS after being frozen.  I prepare their food,
put it in baggies in freezer and take it out daily, thaw and feed. Anyone
want to take a guess or have info about freezing CS?

I do add CS to their drinking water on occasion and have used approx. 10 ppm
as their only water also. I do this sporatically as I don't know that they
need it on a daily basis.  They don't go outdoors or aren't exposed to other
animals. I do feel it keeps the bowl cleaner between cleanings.
 I have a water bowl that has a plastic container which stores about a qt of
water(to which I add CS) and fills as it needs to. Its also elec. and the
water comes out a spout into the bowl. The cats prefer to drink from this
water, I will assume they like water that is oxygenated? They seem to be
attracted to water from a spout into a bowl which used to be my bathroom sink
until I purchased a waterfall of their own.   :)
Terri L.
PS. I use CS myself. I keep some in a spray bottle on kitchen counter for
those little emergencies.  Last fall I did mega doses of CS (two months) for
a particular situation and have taken it sporadically since.
I always take a plastic bottle full on any vacation in case we get ill from a
meal... (knock on wood, which has happened yet)