Hi Terri,

I have also been using the F.F. recipe (slightly altered) for my cats and I just thought it might be a good idea to use CS in place of the water. I thought it might help reduce the bacterial load. However, I'm having second thoughts about it now... I'm not sure that using distilled water, at the rate of 1 cup per kilo of meat, is the best thing. I've always thought that drinking distilled water leaches minerals from the body, and that's not really what I want to do. I may be totally wrong about this though.

Your question about freezing CS is a good one. If I only use the CS for the purpose of decreasing the amount of bacteria in the meat, would let's say 30 minutes BEFORE freezing be long enough?

Eleanor

<<I'm thinking of using CS in preparing my cat's food (which calls for some
water) and I want to use some for myself (many health problems).>>

Eleanor,
I also prepare my cats food (raw) and it never dawned on me to use the CS
water as replacement for the water in the recipe(Feline Future). I would
wonder the efficiancy of the CS after being frozen.