  From: brooks bradley [mailto:liat...@flash.net]
  Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 10:48 PM
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Subject: Re: CS>Re: gatorade/cs

                  Dear Terri,
              We determined....several years ago.....in our experimental
research, that Dmso combined (at no more than 20% by volume with a parent
solution of 5 to 20 ppm CS yielded the most efficacious result for external
applications.  In all cases where the skin surface has been broken it is
adviseable to mix the DMSO fraction with approximately 5%---by volume----of
2% Lidocaine.  Otherwise, the pain sometimes elevates immediately to
intolerable levels.  This is especially important when performing
experimental protocols on ulcerated presentations.
              Any form of balanced fluid electrolyte solution...even those
containing sugar fractions....offer only limited penetration assistance for
accompanying CS mixtures-------in topical applications..  While the sugar
does, in fact, yield some degree of bacteria control assistance, it appears
to be of minor consequence-----especially in cases addressing acute primary
insults.
                          Sincerely,  Brooks Bradley.