Probably "strewn", or the substance floated on the water like straw.  I'll
betcha Bob Lee can find a good definition.

James-Osbourne: Holmes

-----Original Message-----
From: Marshall Dudley [mailto:mdud...@execonn.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 11:27 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Did Moses make colloidal Gold?

Does anyone have any idea what "strawed" means?  I cannot find it in the
dictionary.
Marshall
Bitbucket13 wrote:
this is a passage from the Bible which describes Moses making the children
of God drink water containing powdered gold.
Is this passage describing the manufacture of colloidal gold?
EXODUS (KJ)
3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears,
and brought them unto Aaron.
4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool,
after he had made it a molten calf
20 And he (moses on returning) took the calf which they had made, and burnt
it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and
made the children of Israel drink of it.