I don't think it is necessary to prevent the making of silver compounds for
applications on plants.  Therefore I would take a good source of current, like a
battery charger, and hook it up with the + to a piece of silver or sterling
silver (the colloidal copper you get is also good on plants), in the big tank,
with the - attached to the tank.  Then simply use the water that is in the
tank.   Don't even bother with distilled water for this application, same thing
with swimming pools.

Marshall