I have this area next to my shower - a wood trim - that keeps getting wet, so consequently, it mildews. I decided to try cs on it to see if it would kill the mildew. I have been noticing an effect. The mildew has been decreasing. I suppose if I were able to spray it several times a day to keep it wet with cs, it would go away quicker. I'm spraying straight cs on it.

Dottie Glenn

----Original Message Follows----
From: Wayne Fugitt <wa...@fugitt.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>help for orchard
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 12:57:54 -0500

Evening Nina,

People have used CS very successfully for fungus and rot on plants.
Experiment. You can use the CS liberally and it's okay if it gets into the
soil.

   I have used CS for a few applications relative to plants,  Also for
fruit that was covered with fungus and wild yeast.

   I have seen nothing that states CS will kill the wild yeast, but I
suspect that it does.

   Now I have an application whereas a basement area is infected with
fungus and mold.  We plan to make some test this weekend to see if CS will
kill  and /or suppress the growth.

  Could anyone offer a suggestion as to what volume to add to a gallon of
water.

  Actually, chlorine bleach would be a better bet, would it not?

  Wayne