Evening Frank,

Scientists in many disciplines are aware of the fact that chemical reactive is a function of surface area. In a colloid, that means "particle surface area".

Knowing that fact, the scientists at CSL spent years on research to create a process that produces colloids which a have high "particle surface area".

  Many people appear confused on this, as was show last week.

Is there a possibility they are confusing "individual particle surface area" with "total particle surface area"?

Many of us are not very knowledgeable relative to chemistry. This mean we have to visualize in our minds, without having any facts to help with the visualizations.

Maybe I am confused also. I think you or someone explained this so that most of us could understand it.

As with most new fields, I don't feel anyone should get carried away with minute details until we know enough to half way understand the major details.

 Wayne

To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message to: silver-list-requ...@eskimo.com -or- silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com