There was TV show about this a few years backand according to narrator, "there
are no machines which can cut the rock so precisely (from the coral reefs) nor
that many machines to lift that weight. Shaping and balancing them so well the
even a child can easily swing (the door). Apparently whenever a neighbour tried
to spy on him, he would stop whatever he was doing and wait.  I have not read
any reports of anyone watching him actually handling the rock. BTW he moved the
whole building to the current location from a more coastal area. He dismantled
it and loaded on to a truck after making the driver look the other way. The
driver never saw how those huge blocks got up on his truck!....

Regards
Harsha Godavari