I am not aware of it being tested against smallpox, but as I am unaware of
it not working against any virus, I would be very surprised if it didn't.

I read a report some time ago that the fellow that was arrested a couple of
years ago for purchasing some anthrax cultures had bought it to test with
CS.  If I remember right, no one cared about his purchasing the anthrax
until he made it known that CS was very effective against it, at which time
he was arrested and initially charged with terrorism to completely discredit
him. The charges were later dropped after the damage was done and he had
been silenced.

Marshall