Thank you people, for your concern and advice.
 My system is a 240V to 12V transformer resisted to a bit over 1
mA and I stir it with an old knitting needle bored out to fit the shaft
on a 12V motor out of an old cassette player, that is resisted too,
to slow it down a bit.
The silver is 12 ga rods immersed 5" into 1/2 gallon 4" apart and I
cook it for 1 1/2 hours. It is cloudy grey/white, but clears over a
couple of days. It has been very effective on all the other ills the
family has encountered, especially conjuctivitis (3 month old baby),
misc. burns, (brilliant) cleared up chronic cough in 7 year old with
neb. My five month old grandson had what looked like ringworm on
his scalp, stopped that in its tracks, took about two weeks to
completely clear it.
My 9 year old grandson doesn't need puffer for asthma(??) any
more.
So all in all it really has been effective against all else except this
mongrel of a sore throat. PS. No other symptoms, just the sore
throat, so sore, I have had to resort to pain killers (panadeine forte)
to cope with it. I am a heavy smoker/ coffee freak?
Regards to all, Tony Cahill