I read a book by a British veterinarian,  who as a young man nearly lost his
career
due to his ignorance of a long-ago anthrax outbreak on a rural cattle farm.
The
details are not quite clear to me,  but it seems to me he buried a dead cow on
land
that had previously been used to bury anthrax-infected cattle.    The spores
being
viable for practically forever,  the fear was that a new outbreak would occur.

I was really shocked to  learn of this;  apparently records of this sort are
kept
up to date throughout the UK,  and a veterinarian is expected to be aware of the
data and take great care in dealing with areas holding spores.

In Japan,  AUM Shinrikyo sprayed spores in parts of Tokyo;  some fear the spores
are lying about in this densely populated city awaiting some chance to activate.

JBB